Fantastic DIY Shampoo for Natural Hair

    

        
Looking to make your own fantastic DIY shampoo for natural hair? Many naturals prefer to do co-wash instead of regular washing, where they just use conditioner. However, some people find that they are still sensitive to these commercial products no matter how gentle they are.

What can you do?

At this point, there are only two options left. You can either continue trying more products and deal with the effects as they come, or you can opt to make a DIY shampoo for natural hair.

When and why to use Shampoo?                                                                     


Many people simply co-wash their hair and this is great as it leaves the hair with sufficient oil in the strands. However, in a period on 4-6 weeks, you will still need to use shampoo in order to remove product build up. Conditioners are awesome for cleansing hair yet they do not completely clarify hair. If the build up is left on for too long, it will clog the pores as well as reduce the hair’s ability to absorb moisture. It is a vicious cycle that may leave you with dry and unhealthy hair and in extreme cases even hair loss.

Is homemade shampoo good for natural hair?      


Home made shampoo is not just good for natural hair; it is simply the best because, you know exactly what is in it. It is easier for you to add or reduce products as needed. It is also possible to identify any problematic ingredients in your shampoo and replace them.                                                 

And the best DIY shampoo for natural hair is: -      


Here, I share with you how I make my DIY shampoo for natural hair. You are welcome to use the same formula or create something entirely new for your hair. When I finish my wash, I use my DIY conditioner and top up with a sealant.

How to use DIY shampoo for natural hair


DIY shampoo is used like the normal shampoo. The good side of it is because it is made of completely natural products. Repeated application is unlikely to result in dry and brittle hair. I use this method to wash.
  • ·         Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water to remove loose dirt
  • ·         Put a generous amount of shampoo onto your hands.
  • ·         Rub gently to rather
  • ·         Massage into the scalp and hair
  • ·         Rinse thoroughly
  • ·         Repeat shampoo application till your hair is clean

After washing hair with the DIY shampoo for natural hair, follow your usual method to moisturize and condition. Do not wait for the hair to dry before moisturizing. Here is my normal wash routine which I do after 4- 6 weeks. In between I can do a co-wash if my hair is loose or in twists that I can undo and redo after washing:-
  • ·         Pre-poo – Oil application
  • ·         Wash – With my DIY shampoo for natural hair
  • ·         Condition – use detangling conditioner that can also be used as a co-wash. (I use my DIY conditioner)
  • ·         Deep Condition – Apply a moisture or protein DC ( I use my DIY DC or henna)
  • ·         Condition – apply Leave-in
  • ·         Moisturise – apply penetrative oil
  • ·         Seal – Apply sealing oil or butter

Different people use the same process differently. As with many beauty products, they key is to look for a method that works for you and gives you the desired result. You may still interchange the products when you want to have different effects on your hair.





Comments

  1. I will have to try this. Looks like it works well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Castor oil for hair growth and thickness – Does it really help?

The Castor Oil Challenge and Review

Best herbs for hair growth in your kitchen